A fine country house set in attractive gardens, grounds and parkland
Hall, Drawing room, Study, Dining room, Utility, Boot room, Kitchen/breakfast room, Sitting room, Morning room, Conservatory, Cellar, Larder, 2 WCs
6 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
First floor: Master bedroom with en suite bathroom , 4 further bedrooms, 2 en suite bathrooms and one with dressing room, Cloakroom, bathroom, WC
Second floor: Bedroom 6
Double garage with workshop/garage 3 and floor above, Outbuildings, Formal and informal gardens, Parkland, Orchard, Long sweeping driveway, Woodland, Terrace, Small Lake
In all about 5.67 Acres
Topcroft Hall is an attractive and elegant country house in a superb elevated parkland setting. Parts of the house date back to the 15th century and futher additions and alterations have been made over the years. There are historical connections with the famous Paston Letters, many of which were written by Margery Brew who is known to have lived at Topcroft in 1482. In about 1878 the large and well proportioned drawing room was added.
The house was acquired by the current owners in 1991 and since then significant improvements and refurbishment has been carried out. Much work has been undertaken including provision of a new custom built Oak kitchen with Granite work surfaces and an Aga, refurbishment of all the bathrooms, complete redecoration and the addition of a fine Amdega conservatory as well as the creation of stunning formal gardens to the south of the house. A fine brick and pantile garage block was also built and the plumbing, heating and electrical systems in the house upgraded.
There are excellent ceiling heights throughout and classically proportioned rooms.
Topcroft Hall is approached via electrically wrought iron entrance gates mounted onto brick piers which leads to a long sweeping gravelled drive which approaches the house through the park. The drive finishes in a large gravelled turning and parking area to the front of the house and then continues to the north where there is a fine brick built garage block with a glazed pantile roof and clock tower. This provides garaging for two cars and a workshop. There is also a further barn suitable for the storage of garden machinery and providing further garaging.
The house stands in an elevated position with magnificent views to the west overlooking the parkland to a small lake beyond. There are many fine specimen trees, in particular Oak, Horse Chesnut and Acacia and a particularly distinctive and ancient Mulberry tree. Situated to the south of the house there is an attractive area of formal garden which is laid to lawn and has well stocked mixed shrub and herbaceous borders with a mature Beech hedging dividing the formal garden from the surrounding parkland. There are French doors leading from the conservatory onto a terrace in turn opening onto the lawned garden and a further paved terrace with ornamental fish pond overlooked by windows in the drawing room and approached by French doors from the sitting room.
To the northeast the property is well protected by a belt of mature mixed woodland containing some fine mature trees and under planted with spring bulbs. To the east of the formal garden there is an area of orchard. The whole area in all extends to about 5.7 acres.
Approximate Square Feet:
Lot Acres: 5.67