A stunning country house with superb leisure facilities, views to the South Downs, and delightful gardens and grounds.
Believed to date from the early 1900’s, A’Becket Place was originally located on Grand Ave, Worthing then dismantled and relocated to Merrywood Lane in the 1960s. The property has since been improved and extended to become a stunning family home with superb leisure facilities. The well arranged living accommodation has a natural flow from the spacious entrance hall with turned staircase to the first floor. Features of note include; impressive open fireplace with stone surround in the drawing room, oak joinery, beautiful views towards the South Downs and, at the heart of the home, the bespoke fitted kitchen/ breakfast room with stylish Corian worktops and Aga. The master bedroom boasts a Juliette balcony, fitted dressing room and generous en-suite bathroom.
The property is approached via electric, wrought iron gates to the drive, which provides ample parking along with the double garage. The gardens, which surround the property, are delightful, being mainly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders and a small wooded area. An attractive flag-stone terrace runs along the rear of the property, providing the perfect location for outdoor dining, alongside the superb swimming pool, pool house (with Travertine flooring and underfloor heating) and fabulous covered entertainment area with vaulted ceiling, glass panelling to two sides and an open fire.
• Entrance hall, Drawing room, Dining room
• Family room, Billiard room
• Kitchen/Breakfast room, Utility room, two Cloakrooms
• Master Bedroom suite with Dressing room and Bathroom
• Guest Bedroom with en-suite Bathroom, four Further Bedrooms
• Two Further Bathrooms, Loft room
• Swimming Pool, Pool House and Outdoor entertaining area
• Delightful Gardens and Grounds of approximately two acres
• EPC: D
Approximate Square Feet:
Lot Acres: 2