A captivating and romantic, tucked away Georgian former rectory in beautiful grounds.
• 3 Reception Rooms plus Study
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room
• Scullery, Utility Room, Cloakroom
• 5 Double Bedrooms (2 with Dressing Rooms)
• 3 Bath/Shower Rooms (En Suite/Jack & Jill)
• Second floor Store Room
• Ground floor self-contained Annexe
• About 2.13 Acres, Walled Garden
• Tennis Court, Outbuildings, Swimming Pool
The Old Rectory is an elegant Grade II listed Georgian family house displaying some wonderful period features with high ceilings throughout.
Some 4,491 sq ft of well laid out, flexible accommodation (excluding cellars) includes 5 double bedrooms and a self-contained ground floor annexe.
• Multi-pane sash windows and French doors with working shutters.
• Oak flooring throughout the hall and 3 principal reception rooms. Travertine tiling in the kitchen and rear hall.
• Open fire in drawing room and gas fires in the snug, study and master bedroom.
• Hand painted Chinoiserie wallpaper on the walls of the drawing room.
• Bespoke kitchen with marble worktops including a large island with twin butler style sink and breakfast bar, a superb larder cupboard with curved corner cupboards, a LaCanche gas range cooker and space and plumbing for an American style firdge freezer. Across the hall is a large scullery/walk in larder with further cupboards and storage space. There is also a separate utility / laundry room.
• Four large double bedrooms arranged over the first floor, plus a 5th double bedroom on the second floor. This includes the double aspect master bedroom, with adjoining dressing room, en suite bathroom and separate shower room, and a guest suite with dressing room and Jack and Jill bath/shower room.
• There is a self-contained annexe on the ground floor with separate side access ideal for elderly relatives, an au pair, staff, more independent children or providing space for those who work from home. The space was previously utilised as a gym and could work well as a recreational space (games room/cinema room/gym etc).
The grounds accompanying the house are equally as impressive and include a walled garden, swimming pool, tennis court and supposedly the tallest Tulip tree in Great Britain.
Outdoor features of the property include:
• Ample storage including two tanked cellars, a safe room and a concealed store.
• "Walled" garden (part walled, part high Yew hedging).
• Outdoor swimming pool with paved terrace around.
• Fenced tennis court with spectators hut.
• Koi carp ponds both in the front and rear gardens.
• Expanses of lawn, predominantly to the south of the house, with paved terraces accessed off the drawing room and around the swimming pool.
Approximate Square Feet:
Lot Acres: 9.7