An exceptional home in a superb location, cleverly designed to maximise the views and offering 4,376 square feet of extremely flexible accommodation
• A triumph of design maximising the superb location and views, offering 4,376 square feet of extremely flexible accommodation with a separate studio and set in about 4.8 acres
• Spectacular, panoramic views
• Entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, two cloakrooms, games room, office with store/workshop, 5 bedrooms (one ensuite), three further bathrooms, EPC rating C.
• Garage block, tractor shed and studio
• Striking landscaped gardens, greenhouse and vegetable garden
• Orchard and paddock
• Ideal for a home office
• Ideal for a dependent relative
• Potential for a large west-facing conservatory
• Potential for those with equestrian interests
Originally a hay barn and a derelict stone barn, Lower Withers Barns has been sympathetically enlarged, developed and transformed by the current owners who have undertaken a comprehensive scheme of improvement and expansion since their purchase 10 years ago. The result of this venture is a most impressive, inspiring and unique property offering privacy, but not isolation, in the most beautiful countryside Herefordshire has to offer, coupled with the flexibility of a truly exceptional home.
Presented to an incredibly high standard, the design combines traditional style features with modern living, where materials work together to create a clean and comfortable interior. This exceptional home sits within striking landscaped gardens and enjoys breath-taking views from all elevations. The property is beautifully appointed throughout and all rooms are well-proportioned with numerous interesting features. A great deal of care and attention has been given to the installation of a number of facilities which make
the property extra special including:
• Lower Withers Barns has underfloor heating throughout - there are nine zones with each zone individually controlled thermostatically.
• There is a security system which covers the entire complex. It is a dual system connected to a remote central control and various zones can be activated. There are also six CCTV cameras linked to a recorder and monitor.
• A Smart vacuum system has been installed throughout the main barn.
• The kitchen and master bedroom have been wired with multiple outlets for music.
• The property has low running costs due to excellent insulation, boarded lofts and double glazing.
Quality has not been compromised in the design of Lower Withers Barns and hardwood, mainly oak, has been use throughout, as well as many of the original beams. Indeed, most window frames, doors and door frames were handmade on site and there are oak floors in the hall, dining room and sitting room, with a unique staircase in the main barn. The kitchen is an outstanding feature and the units were hand crafted by renowned local carpenters with excellent and serviceable granite work surfaces.
Light is a key factor throughout the property with rooms atmospheric and open to the countryside beyond, and windows framing the magnificent views on offer. The property provides great flexibility in its accommodation, with various options available including housing a dependant relative, quite separately, in the second barn.
The garden at Lower Withers Barns is mainly laid to lawn with some attractive trees, shrubs and herbaceous borders landscaped by a professional designer in 2005. There is a secluded, quiet and private sun-trap between the two barns where there is a decked area and a delightful fountain. Various other seating areas surround the house
and ensure an inspiring view at any time of the day.
A detached garage block comprises a three-car garage with a loft above accessed by an external steel staircase which would make an ideal home office, subject to the usual consents being granted. There is also a tractor shed with storage over.
On the productive side, there is a large greenhouse, a generous vegetable patch and an orchard with numerous fruit trees. A gated paddock adjoins the orchard, extending to approximately 2.6 acres.
Approximate Square Feet:
Lot Acres: 4.8