The perfect Old Rectory.
• Entrance hall, drawing room and sitting room
• Kitchen, Dining room, Office/playroom
• Utility room, boot room, two cloakrooms and cellars
• Principal bedroom with en-suite
• Seven further bedrooms (two en-suite)
• One further bathroom
• 2/3 stables, feed store, 2/3 store rooms
• One bedroom stable flat
• Three car garage
• Mature gardens, tennis court and paddock
The Old Rectory is situated in the heart of the village, yet is incredibly private and overlooks its own grounds. The approach to the house off Rectory Lane is via a gravelled driveway leading to the front of the house. The house is beautifully framed on the approach from the north side by a mature Oriental Plane Tree. The gravel driveway is bordered by lawn areas beyond which are beds and trees.
Listed Grade II with origins from 1710, the Rectory had the main part of the house added in 1780 with the Georgian façade added in 1810. The house is part rendered with a slate roof and has a brick stable block. There is the main entrance drive and exit through the stable yard. The front door leads to a large airy hall with high ceilings and off this is a magnificent drawing room totalling 35 ft in length, and the sitting room. This leads on to an inner hall with access to the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen, (with a larder, and access to the utility room), has French doors leading onto a terrace and garden beyond. Off the kitchen, and accessed from the hall as well, is the utility room, boiler room and cellar.
The main stairs lead from the hall to a mezzanine level on which is an office/playroom and a cloakroom. The stairs then lead up to the main landing off which is the principal bedroom which has an en suite with wonderful views of the garden. This has an inter-connecting door to a further bedroom, via an en-suite bathroom. There are six further bedrooms, one of which is en-suite and a further bathroom.
There is a useful range of outbuildings at The Old Rectory, including a stable block with a one-bedroom flat above. Adjacent to this is a large three car garage, dog kennel and a garden store.
To the rear of the house there is a terrace area with steps leading up to the lawn, beyond which has a spring fed pond planted with sculptural plants and framed by a mature Wellingtonia and Willow. The garden is part-walled and sectioned by mature Yew and Privet hedges. To the north, via rose arches, there is an orchard beyond which is a hard tennis court. To the east of the tennis court is a kitchen garden with fruit cages. Beyond this is the paddock with pony shelter which also has separate access from Rectory Lane.
Lot Acres: 4.2