An unlisted period farmhouse imaginatively extended, with outbuildings, set in six acres of landscaped gardens and paddocks.
• DRAWING ROOM • SITTING ROOM • DINING ROOM • LIBRARY • KITCHEN / BREAKFAST ROOM • FIVE BEDROOMS • THREE BATHROOMS • CONVERTED BARN • OUTBUILDINGS AND STABLES • SIX ACRES
Warren Farm is an attractive and striking period house built of stone with a tiled roof and dating from the 1700’s. Originally it formed part of the Grimsthorpe Estate and, in 1848, Lord Ancaster commissioned an extension to be built with a tower as the centre piece. Another extension was added in 2005. Sitting in an elevated position, the house commands far reaching views over rolling countryside.
The front door opens onto a hallway with the drawing room to the left. This room has French doors at both ends, an Ancaster stone fireplace with a Clearview woodburning stove and oak flooring. The dining room is beyond, and again has oak flooring and a woodburning stove. This leads through to an extensive breakfast kitchen with a scullery and wine cellar off. The kitchen has a four oven Aga, a central island, Fired Earth oak units and worktops and a double Belfast sink.
Beyond the kitchen is the 2005 extension which, on the ground floor, consists of a sitting room with French doors, a wet room/cloakroom, a boot room/utility room and boiler room.
Upstairs, the principal bedroom has an ensuite bathroom and there are four further bedrooms, two of which are en-suite, and a family bathroom. In the middle of the house, and joining the principal bedroom and bedroom two to the rest of the bedrooms, is a library. This is a room full of character with a tartan carpet, floor to ceiling bookshelves, a central Clearview woodburning stove and French doors opening onto a small roof terrace with a circular iron staircase leading down to the terrace below.
The approach to Warren Farm is via a long sweeping driveway, accessed via electric gates, which are flanked by parkland fencing. The drive bisects the main paddock and curves around to the front and south-west of the house leading to a gravelled parking area.
Immediately to the south of the house is a barn which has been converted into versatile accommodation and has been employed variously as a party barn, games room as well as a board room. Additionally, it has a mezzanine floor as well as a shower room and with further conversion it could create an annexe.
There is a further outbuilding which has been divided to provide a log store, two storerooms, one of which was an office and a double garage (lengthways). There is a further, more recently built, oak garage block which provides two garages and two carports and is positioned on the rear drive.
The gardens surround the house and are mainly set to lawn, sectioned by stone walls and mature hedging which lead to various patio areas on different levels. The paddocks, of which there are six, run to the north-west of the house and all have water. There are two wooden stables immediately to the north of the house.
Approximate Square Feet:
Lot Acres: 6