A substantial wing of a Grade II house, situated in a peaceful position with magnificent private gardens and grounds. About 3.6 acres.
Three Large reception rooms plus large kitchen/breakfast room
Peaceful elevated position within delightful riverside hamlet
Magnificent private gardens and grounds including private arboretum
Garaging and outbuildings
In all about 3.6 acres
West Wing, Malling Deanery forms a substantial wing of this special historic house. The oldest part of the property is thought to date from circa 1660 with a substantial extension and forms the majority of the West Wing - dated 1907. The main western elevation has a beautiful symmetry with a strong Georgian influence.
Features within the house include large sash windows, high ceilings, some solid oak floors and a number of attractive fireplaces. Other features include window shutters, panelled doors and decorative panelling in the drawing room. The drawing room is a particular feature of the property and is an extremely elegant triple aspect room with some lovely views. Also of note is the kitchen/breakfast room which is fitted with a bespoke range of units with marble work surfaces and include a two oven gas fired Aga with an adjacent electric two oven Aga module. To one corner of the kitchen/breakfast room is a Stovax wood burner.
The well-arranged reception rooms provide ideal space for informal and formal entertaining and are complemented by a spacious principal bedroom, a guest suite comprising bedroom and shower room, three further bedrooms (one of which is currently used as a dressing room) and two bathrooms.
The property is approached through ornate stone entrance pillars which lead through to the property’s private gravel drive which provides extensive parking. Bordering one side of the parking area is an extensive lawn, from which there is a lovely view towards St Michael’s church.
From the parking area two wrought iron pedestrian gates lead through a beautifully clipped high yew hedge to the main formal garden which lies immediately to the west of the house. The garden has been beautifully landscaped and planted over the years with various stone paved sitting areas, a central ornamental pond with fountain and low symmetrical clipped boxes.
To the far end of the garden there is an attractive paved sitting area, beyond which there is a magnificent Tulip tree. To the south east of the house is a further lawned garden with a number of espalier fruit trees. A short distance from the lawn is the property’s garage and a further substantial outbuilding/former stables.
A short distance from the outbuildings is a Hornbeam and fence enclosed kitchen garden with various beds and two fruit cages. Located on the opposite side of the shared entrance drive, is a magnificent private arboretum/paddock area which includes a large selection of mature specimen trees including Black Poplar, Pin Oak, Himalayan Cedar, a Handkerchief tree and a Dawn Redwood. The arboretum/paddock slopes down to the River Ouse. About 3.6 acres.
Approximate Square Feet:
Lot Acres: 3.6