Cansford Farmhouse is a detached period property believed to date back to 1542. It has maintained many original character features including stone floors and fireplaces whilst offering spacious accommodation throughout.
The kitchen benefits from an Aga, fitted units and space for a large family table. There is a large characterful room currently used as a dining area and sitting room. In addition the drawing room can be subdivided and used partly as a study area.
Upstairs, there are four double bedrooms with the master benefitting from a hand basin. Bedroom 5 is a single. All of the rooms have high ceilings and are light and airy. There is a family bathroom with useful storage cupboards.
The farm is accessed down a long private drive leading to the house and buildings. There is parking for several cars to the back of the house as well as a timber garage.
The garden is mainly to the front and side of the house and laid to lawn interspersed with ponds, trees and shrubs. A vegetable garden, polytunnel and greenhouse dome allow for home grown food to be produced.
Cansford Farm has a range of modern and traditional farm buildings situated mainly to the south west of the house.
The land lies in a ring fenced block with 87.83 acres (35.97 ha) of productive permanent pasture and 3.82 acres (1.55 ha) of mixed woodland. A pretty river runs along the western boundary and fishing rights are included.
Field boundaries comprise a mixture of Cornish banks, stock fences and hedges. Water is connected to the fields.
Until recently the farm was run as a dairy farm with eighty dairy cows. It is now let on a grazing license to a local farmer which expires on 26th December 2016.
The land at Cansford Farm is adjoined by Cansford quarry.
Architectural Style: Farmhouse
Lot Acres: 96.01